THE KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1. (a) Many marketing organisations are increasingly emphasising on the need for good customer relationships. Explain the reasons that may account for their emphasis. (10 marks)
(b) Highlight five ways in which a person’s family of orientation may influence his consumption behaviour. (10 marks)
2. (a) Describe the role played by the influences in bring centre. (10 marks)
(b) Describe the types of household patterns that a marketer should consider in designing the marketing strategy for a firm. (10 marks)
3. (a) Jabali has been appointed the marketing manager of a certain firm. Outline the duties that he will be expected to perform in his job. (10 marks)
(b) The development of technology has influenced marketing operations of many firms.
Explain the technological trends that the firm should consider for it to be competitive. (10 marks)
4. (a) One of the basis for segmenting a market is occasions. Describe the occasions that can be used for this purpose. (10 marks)
(b) Rokipo Limited uses service differentiation as a way of gaining competitive advantage.
Explain the ways in which the company does this differentiation. (10 marks)
5. (a) The following table shows a pattern of target market selection.
(i) Identify the pattern. (2 marks)
(ii) Highlight the benefits of using the above pattern. (8 marks)
(b) Explain five components of brand equity. (10 marks)
6. (a) The marketing manager of Beta caterers Ltd has noticed that many of her customers have moved to competing caterer nearby. Highlight the factors that may account for the behaviour of the customers. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the circumstances under which consumers of a product may not be price “sensitive. (10 marks)
7. (a) Explain five causes that may lead to conflict between producers and distributions within the marketing channel. (10 marks)
(b) Explain the advantages of using newspapers as a medium of advertising. (10 marks)